VNC2-48L1C - USB Vinculum-II Dual Host/Device Controller IC, 48-pin LQFP
The Vinculum-II VNC2-48L1C is FTDI's 2nd generation of USB Host/Slave controllers. The device features a powerful 16-bit MCU core, with embedded 256KB Flash and 16KB RAM memory. The device supports a range of flexible interfaces including UART, SPI, FIFO and PWM. The complete USB protocol data processing is handled entirely by hardware resources within the device freeing up processing resources for user developed applications.
- USB speed: Full Speed (12MBps)
- Interfaces: FIFO, SPI, USB, UART
- USB transfer modes: Bulk, Isochronous, Interrupt
- Package: 48-pin LQFP
- I/O voltage: 3.3V
- Virtual COM port: No
- USB host: Yes
- Channels: 2
- USB Class: Various
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
Also available as the VNC-48Q1C in a 48-pin QFN package.
N.B. VNC2 devices are supplied unprogrammed.
The VNC2 is a fully programmable device and is supported with the new Vinculum Software Tool Suite, which provides an easy to use ‘C’ based development environment to enable user firmware development. Or alternatively, the designer can configure VNC2 with one of the many pre-compiled ROM files developed by FTDI to cover a range of popular interfaces. These are described at Precompiled Firmware. The VNC2 offers a complete USB system solution in a single IC.
Key Hardware Features
- Dual USB 2.0 Host / Slave controller.
- Embedded 16-bit Harvard architecture MCU core, with 256KBytes of Flash memory and 16Kbytes RAM.
- 2 x Full-Speed / Low-speed USB 2.0 ports supporting Host or Slave operation.
- Programmable UART interface, supports up to 6MBaud transfers.
- 8-bit wide FIFO interface.
- 2 x SPI slave interfaces, 1 x SPI master interface.
- PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) interface.
- 4 channel DMA controller, and general purpose timers.
- Support for reduced power modes.
- Two packages size options (32-/48-pin QFN and LQFP packages).
- Backwards compatible with VNC1L with 48-pin LQFP package.
- RoHS compliant, and extended temperature support (-40°C to +85°C).
- Enhanced features with Vinculum Software Tool Suite
- Based on royalty-free flexible ‘C’ based Integrated Development Environment.
- Includes compiler, drivers and RTOS kernel to support user firmware development.
- Debug interface for real-time hardware based code debug.
- Pre-compiled libraries for several USB classes including FAT file system support.