UMFTPD3A - FT260 & FT4222H programmer module
The UMFTPD3A is compatible with the FT260 / UMFT260EV1A and the FT4222H / UMFT4222EV chips and modules.
The UMFTPD3A Universal Programmer Module is used to provide an external programming voltage (Vpp) that covers 1.5 to 6.5V to program FTDI development modules and ICs with internal OTP memory or eFUSE (electrical poly-fuse).
- Micro USB-B connector allows the module to be connected to a host system via a standard USB A to Micro B cable
- Downstream port using USB-A type connector allows target devices to be connected to the UMFTPD3A
- On board FTDI chip provides USB hub function
- Supports wide programming voltages from 1.5V to 6.5V for FT260 and FT4222H series
- 3 pin connector to deliver VPP programming power
- Visual indicator for VPP programming voltage and USB bus power by using LEDs
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
The embedded OTP memory or eFUSE in the FTDI chips is used to store USB Vendor ID (VID), Product ID (PID), device serial number, product description string and chip configuration information. Users can store this vendor specific information in the OTP or eFUSE and save the cost of an external EEPROM from the BOM.
The UMFTPD3A assists the user in programming the OTP memory or eFUSE directly through a USB host controller with FTDI’s programming software tool, FT_Prog.