FT230X - Full Speed USB 2.0 to Basic UART IC, 16 pins
This USB 2.0 Full Speed IC offers a compact bridge to basic UART interfaces. The device is a UART, capable of operating up to 3MBaud, with low power consumption (8mA). The FT230X includes the complete FT-X series feature set and enables USB to be added into a system design quickly and easily over a UART interface.
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 2048 byte EEPROM for storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Data transfer rates from 300Baud to 3MBaud
- FTDI's royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Configurable CBUS I/O pin.
- Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number.
- Supports bus powered, self powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- Battery Charger Detection. May be used by mobile devices to detect the presence of a charger on the USB port to enable higher current / faster charging of batteries.
- Low operating current of 8mA (typical) and USB suspend current of 125uA (typical) current.
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
USB – UART slave interface IC, Rev. D, 16 pin SSOP (reels of 3000)FT230XS-U
USB – UART slave interface IC, Rev. D, 16 pin SSOP (tubes of 100)FT230XQ-R
USB – UART slave interface IC, Rev. D, 16 pin QFN (reels of 5000)FT230XQ-T
USB – UART slave interface IC, Rev. D, 16 pin QFN (trays of 490)