FT220X - Full Speed USB 2.0 to 4-Bit SPI/FT1248 bridge IC
This USB 2.0 full speed IC offers a compact bridge to 4-Bit SPI/FT1248 interfaces. The device is an FT1248 slave, capable of operating up to 500kBit/s, with low power consumption (8mA). The FT220X includes the complete FT-X series feature set and enables USB to be added into a system design quickly and easily over an FT1248 interface
- FT1248 serial parallel interface in 1, 2 or 4 bit wide mode.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 2048 byte MTP Memory for storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Data transfer rates to 500 kByte/s
- Configurable CBUS I/O pin.
- Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number.
- Supports bus powered, self powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- I/O levels from 1.8V to 3.3V. (5V tolerant inputs).
- Battery charger detection. May be used by mobile devices to detect the presence of a charger on the USB port to enable higher current / faster charging of batteries.
- Low operating current of 8mA (typical) and USB suspend current of 125uA (typical) current.
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
USB – 4-Bit SPI/FT1248 interface IC, 16 pin SSOP (reels of 3000)FT220XS-U
USB – 4-Bit SPI/FT1248 interface IC, 16 pin SSOP (tubes of 100)FT220XQ-R
USB – 4-Bit SPI/FT1248 interface IC, 16 pin QFN (reels of 5000)FT220XQ-T
USB – 4-Bit SPI/FT1248 interface IC, 16 pin QFN (trays of 490)