FT234XD - Full Speed USB 2.0 to Basic UART IC, 12 pins
This USB 2.0 Full Speed IC offers a compact bridge to basic UART interfaces. The device is a UART, capable of operating up to 3MBaud, with low power consumption (8mA). The FT234XD includes the complete FT-X series feature set and enables USB to be added into a system design quickly and easily over a UART interface.
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip.
- No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 2048 byte EEPROM for storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Fully integrated clock generation with no external crystal required plus optional clock output selection enabling a glue-less interface to external MCU or FPGA.
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud. 512 byte receive buffer and 512 byte transmit buffer utilising buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.
- FTDI's royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers
- UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity Synchronous and asynchronous bit bang interface options with RD# and WR# strobes.
- May be used by mobile devices to detect the presence of a charger on the USB port to enable higher current / faster charging of batteries.Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number.
- Supports bus powered, self powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- True 3.3V CMOS drive output and TTL input.(operates down to 1.8V with external pull ups and is also 5V tolerant)Configurable I/O pin output drive strength.
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit. UART signal inversion option.Internal 3.3V/1.8V LDO regulators. Low operating current of 8mA (typical) and USB suspend current of 125uA (typical) current.
- Low USB bandwidth consumption. UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible. USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.