RAK7431 - Modbus RS485 to LoRaWAN® Bridge
RAK7431 is a Modbus RS485 to LoRaWAN® bridge designed for industrial applications. The device relays Modbus data using the LoRaWAN® network as a means of wirelessly transmitting to and from the end devices.
This RS485 compatible device can address up to 16 client terminal nodes. The conversion from and to LoRa® frames is seamless and allows for real-time control and monitoring of multiple RS485 devices, using bus data to access and control the RS485 terminal nodes.
- LoRaWAN® 1.0.2 protocol stack, supports Class A & C
- Working modes: Polling mode, transparent mode, and packet mode
- Remote cloud management of RS485 devices
- Can address up to 16 RS485, a queue with up to 32 instruction sets
- Industrial grade STM MCU: ultra-low-power (4uA sleep) and wide temperature range of operation.
- Wide range of input voltages, 8-48V DC input
- Can power RS485 devices via a dedicated output.
- Mounting: Wall, DIN rail, and magnetic mounting
- Compliant with IEC61000-4-2, IEC61000-4-4, and 18KV HMB ESD protection
The package includes:
- 24V/300mA power adapter
- LoRa® antenna
- Micro USB cable
- Mounting kit
RAK7431 can operate in all of the LoRaWAN® bands within the standard parameters defined by the LoRa® Alliance. Its open environment range is 15+km and in industrial cases, where there are heavy obstructions in the path of the RF signal performance is improved compared to conventional wireless systems due to the characteristics of LoRa as a modulation technique. This allows for consistently good signal quality within the confines of large factories, densely populated offices, storehouses, etc.
RAK7431, together with RAKwireless’ LoRaWAN® gateway and LoRa® Server products, can easily and quickly build a wireless industrial field control system. The bridge adopts industrial protection design, supports wide range voltage supply and supports wall mounting and DIN rail installation, facilitating field installation and use.